Sunday, March 6, 2016

How to Watch Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

A few months ago, I had just finished watching all of the Marvel movies, and I was eager for more. I was to scared to watch Daredevil, so I turned to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D for my Marvel fill. This turned out to be a mistake. I loathed it mainly because it had almost no Marvel universe in it, and kept its thin connection via name dropping. For example, needless Avengers references and cameos by side characters. I compared Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to the janitors of the MCU. There is literally an episode of them cleaning up after Thor.

I later decided to give it another chance, but I decided to view it as just a standard spy show, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Its' actually really funny, and the characters are great and the plot is intriguing. However, it would be so much better if it actually was a standalone show, rather than an accompaniment to the MCU movies. There's no use in constantly dropping the names of the Avengers without having any Avengers appear ever. The closest we get is a cameo from Nick Fury early on in season 1, and Maria Hill every once and awhile.

I have actually just started season 1, so it's not really my place yet to make judgements. I just wanted to acknowledge that this show is actually pretty good, as long as you try not to view it as a Marvel show. I will keep you guys posted as I get further in the show.

On a side note, it's shameless begging time! But seriously if you want to see more posts and critiques like these, and I know ther's not much now but I promise that there will be more coming, then please give this blog a follow and comment any suggestions. I value your input enormously, and would love to hear your opinions on my critique and how I can improve this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment